Students in a general education, general ecology class collect vegetation data within a national park and prepare forest community maps using ArcView. Students locate sample points using map and compass skills and then collect appropriate vegetation and GPS data at each sample point. They prepare community maps using ArcView 3.2. Challenges and successes encountered in developing and implementing this activity are described, student maps demonstrated, and activity handouts provided.
ipsum massa aliquet nulla, non elementum mi elit a mauris.
Companies with high market share
- Autodesk – Products that interface with its flagship AutoCAD software package include Map 3D, Topobase, and MapGuide.
- Bentley Systems – Products that interface with its flagship MicroStation software package include Bentley Map and Bentley Map View.
- Erdas Imagine by ERDAS Inc – Produ www.scanpointgeomatics.com cts include Leica Photogrammetry Suite, ERDAS ER Mapper, ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 SDK (ECW (file format)) are used throughout the entire mapping community (GIS, Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, and image compression) and ERDAS APOLLO.
- Esri – Products include ArcView 3.x, ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcWeb services and ArcGIS Server.
- IGiS by ScanPoint Geomatics Ltd. – A complete GIS.
- Intergraph – Products include G/Technology, GeoMedia, GeoMedia Professional, GeoMedia WebMap, and add-on products for industry sectors, as well as photogrammetry.
- MapInfo by Pitney Bowes Software – Powerful desktop GIS MapInfo Professional is enhanced with many plug-ins including MapInfo Drivetime for route analysis, MapInfo Engage 3D for 3D and statistical analysis, MapInfo MapMarker for Geocoding.
- RemoteView by Overwatch – RemoteView is one of the most widely used imagery analysis tools within the US government to collect geospatial intelligence.
- Smallworld – developed in Cambridge, England (Smallworld, Inc.) and purchased by General Electric. Used primarily by public utilities.
- SuperMap Inc. – Chinese company of GIS software. It produces Desktop, Component and Service GIS for Asia and global markets.